Our top priority is to provide unsurpassed personal service. Bolstered by experienced staff, New Era Bank enjoys a reputation for being the area's most knowledgeable and friendliest place to bank.
We have 6 full service branches located in Fredericktown, Farmington (2 locations), Park Hills, Desloge and Bonne Terre, and we are proud to offer premier banking solutions to the surrounding areas. See all of our location info here.
A Brief History of New Era Bank
The Beginning - At 9 o'clock Monday morning, July 16, 1934, New Era Bank opened for business amid optimism that the problems of the Great Depression were in the past. A third of all U.S. banks failed to make it through the Depression, and to restore public confidence in the nation's banking system, President Franklin D. Roosevelt signed legislation creating the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) in 1933.
New Era Bank opened for business in the building formerly occupied by the Bank of Fredericktown at East Main Street and South Mine La Motte Avenue. The Democrat-News reported on July 12, 1934, "The opening of the bank is expected to inaugurate a considerable stimulus to business." At opening, New Era Bank reported assets of $412, 325.
The Growth - In 1959 New Era Bank President L.D. Whitener and the Board of Directors hired local hatchery and feed business owner, Robert (Bob) E. Green, to work at the bank. Bob quickly took on more responsibility as he became a member of the Board of Directors, and was later appointed President upon the passing of Mr. Whitener in 1966. Over the years, the name Bob Green became synonymous with New Era Bank. Bob's constant effort to see that the Bank provide top quality personal service to its customers distinguished his leadership. Bob remained affiliated with New Era Bank until his death in 1996.
Today - New Era Bank continues today under Steve's leadership, as he is now Chairman & CEO. Mike Burcham of the Park Hills area became New Era Bank's fourth President in 2004. New Era Bank's top priority remains providing unsurpassed personal service. Bolstered by experienced staff, New Era Bank enjoys a reputation for being the area's most knowledgeable and friendliest place to bank.
- Stephen R. Green, CEO
- David Hughes, Executive Vice President
- Patricia Hale, Executive Vice President
- Kent Marler, Senior Vice President
- Paul H. Hale, Jr., Senior Vice President
- George Blackmon, Senior Vice President
- Rebecca Russell, Vice President
- Susan Detring, Vice President
- Allison Boyer, Vice President
- Mary Sherrill, Vice President
Current Board of Directors
- Stephen R. Green, Chairman
- Michael Burcham, Retired President, New Era Bank
- M. Stephen Dees
- John C. Farris, Retired Chief Executive Officer, M & A Electric Power Coop
- D. Renee Sargent-Harrison, President, Sargent Construction Co.
- A. Harry Robbins, C.P.A and Managing Partner, Maloney, Wright & Robbins
- Anthony Myers, Director of Human Resources, US Tool Group
- R. Scott Reid, Attorney & Partner Schnapp, Fall, Silvey, Reid, & Bollinger, LLC Law Firm
- Dr. David W. Stevens, Consultant, Wall Street Financial Group
New Era Bank Presidents Over the Years
- 1934-1966 L.D. Whitener
- 1966-1989 Robert E. Green
- 1989-2004 Stephen R. Green
- 2004- 2019 Michael Burcham